Tuesday 23 October 2012

Audience Data

I recently created a questionnaire on SurveyMonkey and sent the link out to friends and family who fit the target audience of my magazine. Below you will find the results of the Survey. These results will help me make decisions on key factors of my magazine when I create it.

How much would you pay for a monthly music magazine?
£1.00 - £2.99      - 26%
£3.00 - £4.99      - 59%
£5.00 - £6.99      - 15%
£7 +                    - 0%

If you were to buy an Urban music magazine, would you prefer for it to be monthly or weekly?
Monthly             - 64%
Weekly              - 36%

Which social networking site do you use the most?
Facebook          - 38%
Twitter              - 50%
Tumblr              - 12%
MySpace          - 0%
Other                - 0%

If there was a free Smartphone application for a music magazine, would you download it?
Yes                   - 73%
No                    - 27%

Would you rather consume a music magazine online or in print?
Online              - 38%
Print                 - 62%

Would you regularly buy a magazine if it were monthly?
Yes                  - 57%
No                   - 18%
Maybe            - 25%

If you are unable to buy a music magazine, do you visit the website to get the latest information?
Yes                  - 67%
No                   - 33%

The information gained from this questionnaire tells me that my target audience are very active online and enjoy using new technology, therefore I will ensure that my magazine has its own website, social networking sites and smartphone applications. Also, my target audience would be willing to pay more for a monthly magazine as I assume they would expect it to be more detailed than a weekly magazine. Furthermore, I believe that if I can gain a customer base and gain customer loyalty, then my magazine would also get many subscribers, therefore each magazine issue must be just as detailed, exciting and informative as the last, ensuring that the readers are never dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment