Monday 1 October 2012

Contents Ideas

I have been researching existing magazines in order to get ideas for the contents of my magazine.
The sources I have used have not only been hard copies of music magazines, but also their websites and twitter accounts.

I have come to understand that even the greatest urban music magazines such as Vibe do not just talk about the music that artists produce but anything that can be associated with the urban music genre e.g. artists (Rita Ora's love life) and award ceremonies (MOBO awards).

This image is a print-screen from Vibe's website. It shows the latest news headlines which would also be featured in the hard copies of the magazine and has given me ideas and inspiration of the contents of my own magazine such as:
  • Rita Ora rocks the BBC Charity Ball
  • Tinie loses his 'tempah' at the MOBO awards
  • 'Bottoms Up' singer Try Songz steps behind the bar at London's The Nest


I have decided to use puns and other language techniques in order to create catchy sell lines for the contents page.

I have also used Q magazine to gain ideas for the regular features of my magazine such as:
  • BASE mail
  • The BASE recommender
  • BASE Now: 'Welcome to the concrete jungle'




No comments:

Post a Comment