Monday 8 October 2012

Representation

Representation

This presentation is about the representation behind a magazine. This includes key artists and how they are representd (e.g. clothing style, personality etc.), performance venues, attitudes and political messages.
Throughout my research for this presentation, I came to understand which genre of music I wanted to base my magazine on.
At first I thought I wanted to make a Hip-Hop magazine, however after researching this, I found that the Urban genre would be more suited to my magazine as Hip-Hop is more focused on black ethnicity and is too heavily associated with American, male artists, whereas urban music opens it up to more artists.
I also considered the attitudes associated with Hip-Hop and realized that they are contreversial, therefore I did not want this to have a negative effect on my magazine, and as I result, I decided that the Urban genre was represented in a more positive light and chose to make my magazine of the Urban genre.
I researched the way the urban artists are visually represented (clothing style, body language) and analysed the sterotype of urban artists and they way they come accross to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment