Tuesday 18 September 2012

Production Log - entry 4

Recently I have been wondering about what genre of music my magazine will be focused on. After seeing some photos on Facebook, I came across a location that caught my eye - Southbank skate park. The (legal) graffiti on the walls in that area would be a perfect backdrop for a hip-hop magazine. This gave me the idea to ask my friend, Jade to model for my magazine.
I will ask her to dress like a stereotypical hip hop artist e.g. rolled up jogging bottoms, a tank top, a 'snapback' cap and many large gold chains. This weekend I hope to visit a prop store to buy the gold chains and a large 'boombox'. If they have many other props to choose from, I would also like to buy a large candy cane, and possibly a pink wig, which I could use for other images in the magazine. That idea was inspired by Katy Perry in her California Girls music video. I believe it will give the cover model of my magazine an interesting and unique image and will definitely go well with a pop music theme.

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment