Friday 14 September 2012

Preliminary Task




This is my front cover and contents page for my Preliminary Task.
To create my magazine, I took photographs of my classmates in different areas of the school. This location worked well for me as the magazine is centered around the school.
I used photoshop to create both the cover, and contents page, using different tools such as the text tool and the shape tool. I also used different effect such as a drop shaddow on the name of the magazine, 'Haydon News' in order to make it stand out against the rest of the text on the magazine.
The colour scheme I have chosen is blue and yellow, as these are the school colours, and I believe that they will represent Haydon well.
Furthermore, I used the gradient tool in order to create the background for the contents page. I thought this would make the contents page stand out to ensure that readers know that it is a very important and informative page in the magazine. Moreover, I imported the Haydon School logo from teh website, and removed the background using the colur range tool.

If I had more time, I would have made the magazine look more stylish by taking more photographs and in different locations. I would have also used different fonts to create the name of the magazine in order to make it unique and more interesting. Furthermore, I would have liked to use different effects on the images to add to the eye-catching fonts.

No comments:

Post a Comment