Sunday 11 November 2012

Behind the scenes of my Photoshoot

Today my model and I went to a graffiti park in Waterloo.
Using a 50mm 1.8f prime lens on a digital SLR camera, I conducted a photo shoot on location, in the graffiti park and the surrounding area, on the bank of the River Thames.
The fact that the location was covered in graffiti meant that it reflected the genre of music in my magazine and had immediately associates the images with urban or hip-hop music. I used the depth of field lens in order to put the background in shallow focus and my model in deep focus in order to ensure that the attention was on her, even though the background could still be seen and appreciated.

I asked Jade to pick out costumes that urban artists would wear, such as denim shorts, trainers, a hoodie and a crop top.
There were no props used, except from those already in the park such as a slope and a column that was holding the concrete park up. I chose not to use any other props except from the ones that were naturally in the park as I think the background of colourful graffiti was a great natural prop and did not want to take any attention away from that.



No comments:

Post a Comment