Tuesday 13 November 2012

Photoshoot Montage




Above is a short montage of some of the photographs I have taken to use in my magazine.

A few days ago I went with my model, Jade to take photographs that I’ll use for my music magazine.
I have decided that the genre of my magazine will be hip-hop music, therefore the location of the photoshoot was mainly at Southbank skate park, which is a small skate park in Waterloo that is covered in legal graffiti. I thought that the graffiti background would help to enhance that hip-hop lifestyle throughout the photos and I believe it was very effective.
We also took a few photographs in Camden and along the river Thames.
As you can see in the photos, Jade is wearing clothes that can be easily associated with the hip-hop culture such as trainers, shorts and hoodies to give her that layed-back style that most hip-hop artists have.
To emphasise the fact that it’s a music magazine, I will try to graffiti music notes onto the pages using Photoshop and maybe add images of headphones and iPods and other products also associated with music.
I used two different lenses when taking the photos, but my favourite was the one where I could make the background out of focus, and Jade in full focus. I was also able to adjust how much focus was on the model, which came in useful as I wanted the background at the skate park to be visible, but slightly out of focus compared to my model.
From now ‘til my next lesson, I’ll be trying to come up with a name for my magazine that represents the hip-hop genre well. I will gather information from existing magazines such as Vibe and Billboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment